St Margaret’s archive page.

Aug 3rd 2014         WW1 Commemoration Service.             click here

July 20th 2014       Blessing the new west end doors.    click here

2013 & 2014                 Confirmations.                                              click here

July 12th 2012       Fr. Andrew's induction.                             click here

June 4th. 2012      The Queen's Golden Jubilee.            click here

March 10th 2012    St Margaret's celebrates 150 years.  click here

The World War One Centenary Commemoration Service held August 3rd 2014.

 British Legion members arriving    Entering the church    The colours arriving in church.

Members of the Iver and Iver Heath Royal British Legion and the 1st Iver Heath Scout Group  attended the service at which those from the village of Iver Heath who fought and those who died in the First World War were remembered. 

Afterwards, the congregation enjoyed a buffet lunch at the Royal British Legion building in Church Road.

_________________________________________

Iver Heath, a semi-rural community of about 800 souls in 1914, played it's part in answering the call of duty.

Almost 200 men with connections to Iver Heath served in WW1.
Of the above, 57 died during the confiict, 41 are remembered on the War Memorial at St Margaret's Church.
Many men served on the Western Front (France & Flanders), others served in Italy, East Africa, Middle East and Salonika (Greece/Turkey) and still more served in the Service Corps at home and abroad.
Four men were known to have been Prisoners of War, one was imprisoned after injury and returned home   permanently blind, while another died while trying to escape captivity in Germany.
The Canadian Forestry Corps was stationed for about 18 months in Black Park and became involved with the local community.
A German POW camp for 150 men was constructed in Black Park during the latter part of WW1.

At Least one prominent Local woman became a Voluntary Aid Detachment (VAD) Nurse.

Iver Heath people supported the Slough VAD hospital - set up in a large private house on Middle Green Road, George Green - through benefit concerts and other charitable activities.

 

 

 

 

 

Father Andrew blessing the new doors at the west end of the church at our Patronal Festival, Sunday July 20th 2014.

    

                                

                         Confirmation 2013

                                                                                                        Confirmation 2014

Fr Andrew after his Institution

 

Fr. Andrews Induction and Installation as the Rector of .Iver Heath in St. Margaret's Church on July 12th 2012.

 

Fr. Andrew Montgomerie with the Bishop of Buckingham (left) and the Bishop of Ebbsfleet (right) after his Institution, Induction and Installation as the Rector of Iver Heath in St. Margaret's Church on July 12th 2012. After the service, refreshments were served in the Parish Centre for the guests who included members from Father Andrew's former parish in Derbyshire as well as those from the Burnham and Slough Deanery, The Churches in Iver, and of course parishioners of St. Margaret's.

The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Monday June 4th 2012.

A beacon was lit on St. Margaret's church tower for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and was officialy registered on the list of over 4,200 beacons lit worldwide to celebrate the event.  The beacon was lit at 10.20pm on Monday June 4th 2012, as were all other beacons on churches in the UK.  The lighting was preceeded by a social evening and royal quiz in the Parish Centre.

                                          watching the beacon          

St Margaret's 150 year anniversary.

March 12th. 1862 March 12th. 2012

St Margaret's celebrated 150 years on March 12th. 2012.  The church was consecrated on March 12th. 1862 by Samuel Wilberforce, Bishop of Oxford. It had been built in the previous 10 months at a cost of £2,645.3s.7½d.    Before 1862, Iver Heath had been part of the ancient parish of St. Peter, Iver.

With a growing population and the distance from St Peter's church, there was an increasing need for a church in Iver Heath and St Margaret's was built in 1861 - 1862. The new church was assigned a District Chapelry by Queen Victoria on July 19th. 1862.   In November 1862 the first priest, George Elton, was appointed and in 1867 he was made the Rector. There have been 9 rectors since 1862, our present Rector was inducted on July 12th, 2012.

There were special services and a walk from St Peter's Iver to celebrate the 150 years of St. Margaret's on the actual anniversary of the consecration and more celebrations took place during the Patronal Festival weekend on July 21st.

The walk from St. Peters Iver to St Margaret's Iver Heath took place on Saturday March 10th 2012.

//////////                

Leaving St Petersarrive St Margarets

The group of St Peter's and St Margarets' members leaving St Peter's Iver after prayers by the curate of Iver, Rev. George Howard giving thanks for the forsight of Rev. William Sparrow Ward who as Vicar of Iver in the mid 19th century gave vigorous support to the building of a new church for Iver Heath.

Two miles and 50 minutes later the group arrived at St. Margaret's where a thanksgiving service was held. The bible and prayer book used at the service were those presented to St Margaret's in 1862. Members of the congregation were able to view items of historical interest, photographs and hand crafts that were on display in the church before enjoying a light lunch in the Parish Centre.

 

 

© Copyright St. Margaret Iver Heath  2012-2017. All rights reserved